Sunday, September 28, 2008

Monday Morning is now complete!

So Nate has an anology of the school year relating to the work week. September is considered to be "Monday morning", October is "Monday afternoon" and so on. Tomorrow is the official start of Monday afternoon, which of course is very exciting. The year is off to a great start, Nate is really enjoying his students this year as he taught most of them last year and therefore has very few discipline problems so far. Also it looks like he will be getting his enrichment program back so he's pretty excited about that. He says "it's the best year so far". Not bad considering "Monday mornings" can pretty much set the tone for the year.
My year is starting off pretty good too, busy but that's nothing new. Volleyball is in full swing now and we have a lot of work to do but they are a great group of girls and I look forward to what the season has to offer. My classes are pretty good for the most part, I have a great science 20 class that is pretty small now that it was split in two, just 18 students which is a dream. I also have a hilarious Phys. ed 20/30 class that keep me in stitches all afternoon, 32 of the funniest kids I have ever met. On our first day of Canoeing last week, there was two students who I knew where going to fall in Bower Ponds within the first 5 minutes, and sure enough as I called the kids in to show them some basic paddling techniques "Harry" and "Lloyd" (aka dumb and dumber) managed to flip and sink their canoe. So needless to say I scrapped the paddling lesson and taught the class "t" rescues instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment